Some time ago we suggested that Wednesday and Thursday evenings should be IM nights on datepositive.net.
The idea is to try to get as many people on the site after 7pm on those evenings. If we make this a time for IM and more people log on, the chances of successfully connecting with someone on this hiv dating and herpes dating website are much greater.
A few people have emailed and said it is really hard to just to strike up a conversation with a stranger. We realise that, and so to make it easier here are a few suggestions:
1. Take a risk. That’s what online dating is all about. You have to be able to put yourself out there and make people favourites, send messages, and try to chat. If you don’t get a reply, don’t feel badly, try a new person.
2. Be Polite. You might not be attracted or feel drawn to the person who’s making contact for the first time, but put yourself in their shoes. It’s not easy. So just take a few seconds to say hi. You never know, you might be in for a pleasant surprise
3. Asking a couple of questions is a great way of breaking the ice. Ask someone about their job or how their day has been. These are good ways to get the conversation going.
4. If you come on to IM one night and don’t connect with anyone or hit if off in a good way, don’t worry and don’t be put off. Come back and try again. Stay focused and be positive and you will find what you are looking for.
5. Be respectful. If someone says they don’t want to chat, be accepting and see if someone else is available.
We wish you all the best with IM and the whole site. Be daring, get out there and make contact, and make connections happen!