Lots of people join datepositive.net every week, but only a few will have success.
These members may blame the other members or the actual site, but my guess is that they haven’t put enough effort into their online profile.
Now, I know I have written a lot about this in the past, but the message is one that can’t be delivered too often. Making an effort with your profile and including the right things can really lead to success.
In fact, I have to say that whenever I get feedback from people with success stories they are usually the ones who have a pretty good profile and who have made contact with others.
So after managing this hiv dating and herpes dating site for almost five years, here are a few things that seem to come up time and time again with profiles. Paying some attention to these potential problems won’t take a lot of time and could make your membership really worthwhile.
1. Pick a good username, something that tells other members something about you. Just using your name or a mix of letters and numbers isn’t going to help anyone. Remember, your profile will be glanced at in the search results. Which profile would you be tempted to read? Sunshine_and_smiles, or hsn46?
2. A big turn off is writing a list of what you don’t want, and then referring to the reader as you, as in You will be outgoing, etc. Now, we all know that no one wants to date a loser or a heavy drinker. But writing a list of characteristics you won’t entertain is very off-putting and makes you sound too fussy.
3. Don’t copy other chunks of text from other people’s profiles. If someone is searching the site they are going to see that your profile (or the other one you’ve copied) isn’t unique and changes are neither one of you will get any attention. Besides, you are you and people want to hear about who you are.
4. These days more than one photo is usually not enough. Invest in some good pictures showing you in different settings and tag the pictures too, saying where you are. This is especially good if you like to travel.
5. Feel free to ask us for any help or assistance if you are struggling with your profile. We’ll be happy to draft something for you at no cost after asking a few questions about who you are and what you like to do.
Even though it costs less than 12 pounds for a three-month membership, we understand what it is like to struggle for cash.
If you are have to watch the pennies (or cents) at the moment then there are ways you can get a free membership.
Show proof of unemployment if you have just lost your job and we will give you a free upgrade. If you’re not keen on that idea, send us a testimonial about the site and we will happily upgrade you after we’ve reviewed it. Continue reading
We have received some pretty positive feedback on the new site – thank you to all those who have emailed us or added comments elsewhere.
The feedback is appreciated. On our IM survey results Polar 64 told us that the new sites looks great and is easier to navigate. That is the kind of feedback we like to hear.
If there is anything you would like to see on the site, drop us a line and we will respond to all emails.
Datepositive.net has upgraded to the latest version of software and the site now has some great features.
The site is the UK’s largest online dating for people with STDs. It is also the UK’s largest HIV dating website and Herpes dating website.
We have also redesigned the homepage to give it a fresh, new look and added our Twitter and Facebook widgets.
In the bottom right we have included leaflets available for download. So if you are a healthcare worker, counsellor, doctor, or just want to help promote the site and let other people become aware, please download the leaflet and poster pack.
Despite increases in inflation and VAT our site prices remain the same. Premium membership is very inexpensive, with prices noted on the homepage.
Enjoy the new site and please send through any feedback you may have.